Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: NBA Formalizing Deals with ESPN, NBC, and Amazon| CLE Fires Coach
(05-11-2024, 05:55 PM)The Jom Wrote: So many Nuggets fans on this board.

So. Not that I’m taking the OKC series for granted, but…

Would you rather face Denver, or Minny?
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 05:57 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: So. Not that I’m taking the OKC series for granted, but…

Denver
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 05:57 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: So. Not that I’m taking the OKC series for granted, but…

Not looking ahead, but easily Denver. Without Kleber we will struggle to play Gobert off the floor. KAT seems to have gotten over the play-off jitters, maybe thanks to the leadership of Conley or the fact that he is comfortably defering to Ant. Also people forget that McDaniels literally punched himself out of the play-offs last year. And imho he is the actual best defender in the league. Match-up wise the Wolves are a nightmare for us. McDaniels on a hurt Luka. Ant on Kyrie. The Twin Towers behind. They have a deep bench, too. Compare that to the Nuggets. No bench like us. Jones and Washington to fight a hobbled Murray. Lively/Gafford to battle Jokic. I think we might be able to do Denver. I don´t have much hope against the Wolves, because of Hurt Luka vs. McDaniels, no Kleber and the huge gap in bench quality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 06:03 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Not looking ahead, but easily Denver. Without Kleber we will struggle to play Gobert off the floor. KAT seems to have gotten over the play-off jitters, maybe thanks to the leadership of Conley or the fact that he is comfortably defering to Ant. Also people forget that McDaniels literally punched himself out of the play-offs last year. And imho he is the actual best defender in the league. Match-up wise the Wolves are a nightmare for us. McDaniels on a hurt Luka. Ant on Kyrie. The Twin Towers behind. They have a deep bench, too. Compare that to the Nuggets. No bench like us. Jones and Washington to fight a hobbled Murray. Lively/Gafford to battle Jokic. I think we might be able to do Denver. I don´t have much hope against the Wolves, because of Hurt Luka vs. McDaniels, no Kleber and the huge gap in bench quality.

Ditto.
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 05:55 PM)The Jom Wrote: So many Nuggets fans on this board.

As the responses to your comment have borne out, I want Denver to win because I want the Mavs to win.
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 12:09 AM)The Jom Wrote: The anonymous assistant coach? The article doesn’t claim he’s a Mavs coach. OKC? Clips? Pacers? Magic?

Was Hardaway Sr. ever an assistant coach in the NBA?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Nba lottery day. Quite a different place this franchise was last year at this time. Just hoping to keep the number 10 pick while watching the playoffs from outside
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
Ouch. Weak draft but Raptors lose their pick for the honor to have and pay Poetl on their team. Not great

Houston and San Antonio in top 4
Like Reply
Brutal

https://x.com/mikeacurtis2/status/178973...18968?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
Atlanta get the number 1 pick
Like Reply
Darn. Love Lively but…

https://x.com/mavsfilmroom/status/178974...90267?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
(05-12-2024, 02:34 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Darn.  Love Lively but…

https://x.com/mavsfilmroom/status/178974...90267?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

Lively is the greatest of all consolation prizes and as good or better than moving up to fourth, third or even second in last years draft. 

But Wemby on this team with Kyrie and Luka? I have no idea how well he could have developed this season playing next to two top 10 guards, and his timeline for winning basketball doesn’t really match Kyrie‘s. But we would have been the best show the NBA has seen in years for sure. 

But let‘s wait for a couple more seasons - I was saying after the first game that if Wemby ends up as the modern second coming of Wilt Chamberlain and Lively ends up as the modern second coming of Bill Russell I‘ll sign up immediately and won’t look back!
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • Arioch, The Jom
Like Reply
Detroit the worst team in the league, got screwed again. Have to settle for the 5th pick for 3 straight years. SA got the 4th and 8th pick. Not bad towards building a roster around Wemby. The Wizards the 2nd worst team at least got the 2nd pick. Atlanta came out of nowhere to get the 1st pick.
Like Reply
TJ McConnell is Brunson's kryptonite. He gives him the blues and the Pacers came out with their hair on fire, 34-14 at the end of the 1st. It's early. Big leads evaporate in the NBA.
Like Reply
Indiana is dog walking NY. As much as I love Brunson, the NY fans and media (same thing) have me feeling a certain level of satisfaction over this.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-12-2024, 04:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Indiana is dog walking NY. As much as I love Brunson, the NY fans and media (same thing) have me feeling a certain level of satisfaction over this.

After the shameful ending of game one I am really happy that the Pacers bounced back. RC came through with his usual complain and get a fine scheme. Whistle hasn't been as bad in their home games.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-12-2024, 04:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: After the shameful ending of game one I am really happy that the Pacers bounced back. RC came through with his usual complain and get a fine scheme. Whistle hasn't been as bad in their home games.

And it was still 8 to 31 FT attempts in 32 pts blowout, and their fans complaining non stop about refereeing
Like Reply
Minnesota has never been in this position before. I'd say it's imperative they win tonight.
Like Reply
(05-12-2024, 06:45 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Minnesota has never been in this position before. I'd say it's imperative they win tonight.

I agree. But I expect they do win. And then win the next one too. So often playoff blowout wins are followed up with losses. The whistles have a lot to do with this.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(05-12-2024, 07:08 PM)The Jom Wrote: I agree. But I expect they do win. And then win the next one too. So often playoff blowout wins are followed up with losses. The whistles have a lot to do with this.

Edwards is doing his best to keep them in it with 23pts at the half. They're getting nothing from Towns. And Murray hit a past half court shot at the buzzer. Denver 64-49 at the half. Two turnovers Denver scored on before halftime killed them.
Like Reply