Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
FA: Klay Thompson Comes to Dallas| 3yrs/50mil
Sounds like they're just haggling over 2nd round picks. No biggie
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:03 PM)Moviemavguy Wrote: Still seems like media malpractice if the Warriors hadn't agreed to it yet.

[Image: timeline-truman-second-term.jpg]
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:10 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Sounds like they're just haggling over 2nd round picks.  No biggie

Probably right. Hope so. 

You like this, now that it's real?
Like Reply
THE MAVS GOT KLAY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, khaled1987, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
https://x.com/MuseBarnes/status/1807853454960087279
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Nick Angstadt (@NickVanExit)
They say they've trying to figure out which teams have 2nd Round picks and where they came from and how they got there.

It could take days to sort it out.
Like Reply
Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
Jake and @ChrisBHaynes report that the Mavericks and Warriors must still agree to final terms on their side of the three-team swap.

Dallas in, Charlotte in, Klay in ... but Warriors' compensation is not yet finalized and sources tell @TheSteinLine they aim for no salary back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Probably right. Hope so. 

You like this, now that it's real?

I like that we didn't lose out to the MFing Lakers again.

We'll see if Kidd can handle the egos or how they handle the defensive trio of Luka/Kyrie/Klay.  Gonna be exciting for sure with him raining 3s.

I dont watch as much basketball as I used to. No league pass this year. So I dont take my opinions as seriously. Naji Marshall might fit better on the bench unit because he has some more skills than DJJ.
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth
Like Reply
Josh Bowe (@Boweman55)
the mavericks turned THJ, derrick jones jr, josh green into quentin grimes, naji marshall, and klay thompson and they're still below the first apron.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41, Reunion Mav, Smitty, YaBoyAplus
Like Reply
Man, if we could land a CHA 2025 2nd round pick that would be the cherry on top.

For now I just hope they’ll figure out the SnT quickly but the offseason has been pretty darn amazing 

Hardaway ==> Klay
Green ==> Grimes
DJJ ==> Marshall

+ Ajinca does actually look like a solid pickup that late in the draft

+ potentially more ammo for the 2025 draft via CHA
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Warriors might just be busy working on a Markannen deal
Like Reply
If you told me before the beginning of this past season the Mavs would replace Tim Hardaway Jr. with Klay Thompson I'd say you were smoking the good stuff.

But that's exactly what happened.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
Thompson had four-year offers for more money, but taking less was offset by the chance to win a fifth championship with the Mavs and difference in state taxes. Agent Greg Lawrence of @wassbasketball led Thompson in serious talks with Mavs and Lakers, among others.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Guessing 4 years at MLE starting at $12.8 from others VS 3 years starting at $16.1 from us

Nice that we didnt have to guarantee a 4th year. Cuban definitely would have.
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Josh Bowe (@Boweman55)
the mavericks turned THJ, derrick jones jr, josh green into quentin grimes, naji marshall, and klay thompson and they're still below the first apron.
Lateral moves

Better shooting. Lost our two best athletes and two players with the most speed. POA defense takes a decent step back. Overall offense improves in the regular season. Playoffs TBD

The big question mark is team chemistry 

And 

How does Luka/Kyrie/Klay 
makes sense against SGA/Caruso/Dort ? OKC will sweep us if those guys play 30 min a night against us. We’re way too slow and old on the perimeter
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:25 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Lateral moves

Better shooting. Lost our two best athletes though. POA defense takes a decent step back. Overall offense improves in the regular season. Playoffs TBD

The big question mark is team chemistry 

And 

How does Luka/Kyrie/Klay 
makes sense against SGA/Caruso/Dort ? OKC will sweep us if those guys play 30 min a night against us. We’re way too slow and old

I think you're underestimating the impact adding a top 3 shooter of all time to the line up will have on NBA defenses. 

You cannot leave Klay Thompson open for a set shot. It is a literal rule James Naismith wrote in the book of basketball. If you do, you will pay dearly.

Further, OKC can no longer reliably do the game plan they already lost to in the playoffs which was to sag off the role players and prevent Luka+Kyrie from taking over.

Well now they have no choice but to let Luka and Kyrie cook. Cause again, you cannot leave Klay Thompson in the corner alone.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://x.com/dalton_trigg/status/1807845860602269994
Like Reply
Dalton Trigg is just as weird as his mentor Mike Fisher
  • SleepingHero, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
[Image: GRbBrDtaYAQFuo8?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
Blake (@blake_stakes)
Imagine explaining to your fan base how you let Klay walk for $3 million more than Melton.
Like Reply