Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
FA: Klay Thompson Comes to Dallas| 3yrs/50mil
(07-01-2024, 01:51 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: [Smith] (On Klay trade) A sign-and-trade has to be three years, before an option year. Something is awry here...

good point. Woj reported 3rd year as player option.  that cant be right

I reeeeaaaly hope the Mavs understand how to make this deal and don't mess it up somehow in the execution.
Like Reply
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
·
9m
Klay's agent says he was offered four-year deals for MORE money, per
@wojespn

Thompson chose to take less money in hopes to win a fifth ring in Dallas and for the difference in state taxes
Like Reply
I think we should tap the brakes on the party until all of these details link up. Lots of conflicting info out there at the moment.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
I didn't want him initially but now I'm kind of excited. Just have to keep him happy. Jkidd is the key here. Don't piss the guy off, lol
Like Reply
Doesn’t matter. Still
Will happen.
Like Reply
It ain't over, till it's over. GS ain't giving up Klay without something....
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 01:56 PM)Deebo Wrote: Doesn’t matter. Still
Will happen.

It matters a lot. This could throw the whole thing, and plus, the Mavs giving up 2025 1st would dramatically change my opinion of this deal.
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 01:57 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: It ain't over, till it's over.  GS ain't giving up Klay without something....

They're not giving him up, he's a free agent.  By doing the SnT they're preserving some flexibility above the cap.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kidnova's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 01:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It matters a lot. This could throw the whole thing, and plus, the Mavs giving up 2025 1st would dramatically change my opinion of this deal.

It’s a pick from charlotte not us.  Doesn’t matter.  Will happen.  He wants here that’s all that mattersx
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 01:51 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: [Smith] (On Klay trade) A sign-and-trade has to be three years, before an option year. Something is awry here...

good point. Woj reported 3rd year as player option.  that cant be right

If I remember right only the first year must be fully guaranteed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ACMFFL's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 01:59 PM)Deebo Wrote: It’s a pick from charlotte not us.  Doesn’t matter.  Will happen.  He wants here that’s all that mattersx

Lol, I understand. 

You're not understanding me, but that's ok.
Like Reply
[Stein] Jake and @ChrisBHaynes report that the Mavericks and Warriors must still agree to final terms on their side of the three-team swap. Dallas in, Charlotte in, Klay in ... but Warriors' compensation is not yet finalized and sources tell @TheSteinLine they aim for no salary back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Still seems like media malpractice if the Warriors hadn't agreed to it yet.
Like Reply
The GSW compensation will come from Charlotte I imagine. Lost in all this is that the Hornets get a steal. We did them a solid. Maybe we owed them one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
[Wojnarowski] Warriors and Mavericks still working through details of sign-and-trade, which includes Hornets sending the Mavericks two second-round picks for Josh Green, sources tell ESPN. One of those picks could end up in Golden State. Thompson will land in Dallas on the three-year deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 01:59 PM)Kidnova Wrote: They're not giving him up, he's a free agent.  By doing the SnT they're preserving some flexibility above the cap.

They're still discussing about who comes back to them in the deal. That is what I was referencing. Bad choice of words on my part. The deal isn't completed except for Green going to Charlotte.
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:04 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The GSW compensation will come from Charlotte I imagine. Lost in all this is that the Hornets get a steal. We did them a solid. Maybe we owed them one.

I dunno. We're forcing Green to listen to Grant Williams in the lockeroom. Sounds like punishment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:04 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The GSW compensation will come from Charlotte I imagine. Lost in all this is that the Hornets get a steal. We did them a solid. Maybe we owed them one.

So, this was cap space on their end, right? I'm so interested to find out how this gets executed. 

If the GS Compensation comes from Charlotte, all good. Josh Green is enough to give up, from Dallas.
Like Reply
It's a good move for all parties involved. Warriors will at least get something instead of losing Klay for nothing. The Mavs get their elite shooter and Klay will have a big role here on a contender. Green is going to a young, athletic team with a new coach that should know how to best use him.
Like Reply
Like Reply