Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NBA Draft
(06-27-2024, 01:00 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I wasn't impressed with the Spurs night last night.  Wemby may be a generational player but picking him required no skill.  They have been shaky in some of the past drafts.  Who makes the picks for them?  I think the Spurs being the smartest team out there may be old news. 

I think gambling on Dallas pick swap and the Wolves picks are solid gambles, but that roster still needs a ton of work.  I was expecting more.  Castle has a lot of fans but what I see is a guy who isn't a point guard and not a good shooter currently.    We will see.

They have cap space for a PG. The better Jones could do well on that team next to his brother
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 01:02 PM)omahen Wrote: OKC traded Lindy Waters fro #52 pick to GSW

Everyone loading up on second round picks right in front of the Lakers.   KNicks last night, Minny and now OKC.   PHX also has a pick before right?
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 01:03 PM)omahen Wrote: They have cap space for a PG. The better Jones could do well on that team next to his brother

I have always been a fan of Tyus.   He would certainly help.  He is best served as a top notch backup guard.   SA still needs more top talent.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 01:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Everyone loading up on second round picks right in front of the Lakers.   KNicks last night, Minny and now OKC.   PHX also has a pick before right?

I think Phoenix is right behind them with #56 they got from Denver
Like Reply
Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42)
A reminder that teams in the 2nd apron are not allowed to purchase a pick:

Boston
Golden St.
LA Clippers
Milwaukee
Minnesota
Phoenix

The 2nd apron in 2024-25 is also triggered if a non 2nd apron team sends cash in a trade.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 01:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Everyone loading up on second round picks right in front of the Lakers.   KNicks last night, Minny and now OKC.   PHX also has a pick before right?

Ironically besides OKC, all those teams are in need of cheap guys to fill out the roster.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:48 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Simon Charles (@S_CharlesNFL)
#BREAKING: NBA Scouts expect Marquette guard Tyler Kolek to go undrafted after he recorded only a 7% on his Wonderlic IQ test…

Reports surfaced earlier this year that Kolek couldn’t read and now his wonderlic score is the lowest by any NBA player ever recorded

Laughed so hard reading this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:11 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Laughed so hard reading this.

It's even worse cause I fucking fell for it 

[Image: i-might-be-an-idiot-liz-lemon.gif]
Like Reply
Im starting to get hope that the Mavs somehow pull off a THJ+2nds swap for Grimes+#37 where we can take Filipkowski

7ft tall. Not super mobile but has a solid outside shot. A young potential Maxi replacement.
Like Reply
https://x.com/JakeLFischer/status/1806415258967322832
Like Reply
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Hearing Oklahoma City has a deal in place to swap this No. 52 pick recently acquired from Golden State (for Lindy Waters III), with Portland for the No. 40 pick.
Like Reply
Givony on Kyle Filipowski: "NBA teams are talking about the fact that, they had question marks about his girlfriend being so much older than him, why was he estranged from his family because of this whole situation, apparently doesn't talk to his parents, or his brother. It's a very odd situation—"

I personally dont understand why it would cause him to drop like this into the 2nd round [...] NBA teams are talking about his nerves, and his workouts werent great. and when they asked him about this situation in interviews the answers they got werent satisfactory for them
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:11 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Laughed so hard reading this.

I must have failed my wonderlic test too, because I come nowhere close to getting this.

Edit: never mind, Google is my friend.
Like Reply
Mark Tatum has a great voice.

Also how sad is it for these guys that they can't walk the stage and they're stuck in a random green room at an ESPN office?
Like Reply
Raptors open it up with Jonathan Mogbo.... Who the heck is that???
Like Reply
[Image: john-travolta-well.gif]
Like Reply
Here, waiting for your updates Smile
Like Reply
Bleacher had Mogbo at #35 in their mock from yesterday

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1012...redictions
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's even worse cause I fucking fell for it 

[Image: i-might-be-an-idiot-liz-lemon.gif]

I fell for it, too. Luckily, I was on my phone at the coffee shop when I saw the tweet (long before you posted it) and didn't have time to copy paste it over here, or I for sure would've. I just remember thinking "Man, that's a harsh thing to put out there like it's news." lololol I actually felt bad for the kid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I hate you UTA. Took my Filipkowski from me.
Like Reply