Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NBA Draft
So if we can get a higher pick I am in on:
1. Nikola Djurišić: great scorer, who likes to play a faster pace(Mega style of basketball). He really took of after Topić went to Crvena Zvezda. A good scorer, good driving to the basketball, also an underrated playmaker IMO. Has great size for a SG. Isn't the best defender but has the strenght and agility to be positive on that end.

2. Tyler Smith - 6'10 with a great stroke and a great shot. Can score from anywhere, a lefty who also took and made many shots with his right. Efficient around the rim and from outside. Still needs to work on his body but has a nice frame. Probably my favourite prospect in the 2nd round. Once he fills his frame and strenghtens his core he'll be a nice defender.

I would love to get Ighodaro in the late 2nd round. I think he's this years Trayce Jackson Davies. Just a winning player, just a bit small for his position. Let's say a better version of Dwight Powell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes juanc's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 07:58 AM)juanc Wrote: So if we can get a higher pick I am in on:
1. Nikola Djurišić: great scorer, who likes to play a faster pace(Mega style of basketball). He really took of after Topić went to Crvena Zvezda. A good scorer, good driving to the basketball, also an underrated playmaker IMO. Has great size for a SG. Isn't the best defender but has the strenght and agility to be positive on that end.

2. Tyler Smith - 6'10 with a great stroke and a great shot. Can score from anywhere, a lefty who also took and made many shots with his right. Efficient around the rim and from outside. Still needs to work on his body but has a nice frame. Probably my favourite prospect in the 2nd round. Once he fills his frame and strenghtens his core he'll be a nice defender.

I would love to get Ighodaro in the late 2nd round. I think he's this years Trayce Jackson Davies. Just a winning player, just a bit small for his position. Let's say a better version of Dwight Powell.

I like Smith a lot. His athletic ability pops for me (in the G League, at least).
Like Reply
Djurisic´s highlights look great, then you look at his actual shooting numbers and you go limp.
Like Reply
I would look to trade up for Tyler Smith. He would be Maxi's long term replacement and maybe more.
Like Reply
I like Tyler Smith.

Also sometimes you have to just draft talent and Kyle Flipkowski is talented.

Bobbi Klintman also interests me.

Duriscic is also in my top 5.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Simon Charles (@S_CharlesNFL)
#BREAKING: NBA Scouts expect Marquette guard Tyler Kolek to go undrafted after he recorded only a 7% on his Wonderlic IQ test…

Reports surfaced earlier this year that Kolek couldn’t read and now his wonderlic score is the lowest by any NBA player ever recorded
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:48 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Simon Charles (@S_CharlesNFL)
#BREAKING: NBA Scouts expect Marquette guard Tyler Kolek to go undrafted after he recorded only a 7% on his Wonderlic IQ test…

Reports surfaced earlier this year that Kolek couldn’t read and now his wonderlic score is the lowest by any NBA player ever recorded

Esteemed sports journalist & Patriots Beat Writer Double PHD in Journalism & Female Anatomy

It´s a fake account.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:54 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Esteemed sports journalist & Patriots Beat Writer Double PHD in Journalism & Female Anatomy

It´s a fake account.

I ate the onion.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/rBillSimmonsPod/stat...7713285241

Click the video for some nostalgia. I know Bill Simmons is annoying, but this crew's draft coverage was 10000000x better than whatever we watched last night.

Why is ESPN so bad?
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 10:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/rBillSimmonsPod/stat...7713285241

Click the video for some nostalgia. I know Bill Simmons is annoying, but this crew's draft coverage was 10000000x better than whatever we watched last night.

Why is ESPN so bad?

The funniest part about that broadcast was the female interviewer. I assume she was wearing heels (or standing on a podium) as she was taller than half the players. I was surprised no agents complained about that. That was my main take-away and Jefferson calling Avdija a sharpshooter. So 100% agreed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
It's bad enough when pundits that clearly don't watch a lot of games are talking about teams/players/coaches during the regular season and playoffs. Even worse when it comes to the draft. People that haven't watched any college or international basketball, haven't even watched highlights or read a draft report acting as draft experts.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 10:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/rBillSimmonsPod/stat...7713285241

Why is ESPN so bad?

I was really underwhelmed last night with their coverage.   I thought it was only on ESPN and I was wondering why freakin Richard Jefferson was on the main desk.  I like RJ and think he is funny at times, but can't they do better?

Then i found out it was also on ABC.   Man, was that rough.  Stephen A Smith knows nothing about these prospects.   Mike Wilbon?   I actually like Myers but him and Stephen A get stuck doing bits.   Really bad.

I think Myers and Bilas would work together.   Maybe get a player who will push back on all the good stuff that is being said.    Kick Stephen A to the curb.
Like Reply
Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)
Note from an NBA front office executive: "Last night was weird. Boston picked and the draft just went on pause. We all kind of looked around, laughed at the new feeling and got to work on the second-round board.

It was also weird to not be feverishly pitching guys on two-ways, camp deals and Summer League spots until the wee hours of the morning. I guess that will happen over dinner now?"
Like Reply
If any pick is available for sale, Mavs need to be engaged. Give Nico a chance to throw something out there. I assume a pick in the 40's may very well be a two way guy. I would like them target a draft pick for their two way spots. Mavs have been pretty meh there....going back forever.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 11:18 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: If any pick is available for sale, Mavs need to be engaged.  Give Nico a chance to throw something out there.  I assume a pick in the 40's may very well be a two way guy.  I would like them target a draft pick for their two way spots.    Mavs have been pretty meh there....going back forever.

This is my guy.  May go too high for us to get too.   I would love to put him on a two way and see if he develops.   

https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/1806361598275055971
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 11:18 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: If any pick is available for sale, Mavs need to be engaged.  Give Nico a chance to throw something out there.  I assume a pick in the 40's may very well be a two way guy.  I would like them target a draft pick for their two way spots.    Mavs have been pretty meh there....going back forever.

As valuable as cheap contracts are under the new CBA I wonder if we will see more draft&stash moves.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 11:22 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is my guy.  May go too high for us to get too.   I would love to put him on a two way and see if he develops.   

https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/1806361598275055971

Reminds me a lot of Kai Jones. Highly highly athletic. But looks raw just dribbling the ball on a fast break
Like Reply
Evan Sidery (@esidery)
The Suns are a team to monitor as a trade-up candidate in the second-round, per @GeraldBourguet (https://gophnx.com/ryan-dunn-suns-check-...nba-draft/).

Phoenix could package No. 56 overall plus another future 2nd they just acquired from the Nuggets to secure a prospect who could contribute immediately.
Like Reply
I wasn't impressed with the Spurs night last night. Wemby may be a generational player but picking him required no skill. They have been shaky in some of the past drafts. Who makes the picks for them? I think the Spurs being the smartest team out there may be old news.

I think gambling on Dallas pick swap and the Wolves picks are solid gambles, but that roster still needs a ton of work. I was expecting more. Castle has a lot of fans but what I see is a guy who isn't a point guard and not a good shooter currently. We will see.
Like Reply
OKC traded Lindy Waters fro #52 pick to GSW
Like Reply