Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Boston Celtics (0-0)
(06-06-2024, 10:11 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I tend to agree.  I thought OKc lost the series when they were the first tesm to blink.

I do think Gafford minutes should be limited some but the mavs got here being bullies.  The Celtics threes is a game changer though.  It may be how the series is contended.  Can the Celtics hit a lot of threes and can the Mavs bully the Celtics.  Tonight the Celtics hit their threes and were much more aggressive

I think OKC lost, cause SGA was too comfortable in the mid-range game. Hilariously I think he could have made all the same shots from the 3pt line, too. He shot 55% from 3 in the series, but only took 3.3 attempts per game.  Those are not typos. 55%!!!! To put that in perspective. Josh Green is taking 2.8 attempts her game in this post-season. He takes 10 attempts her game his percentage probably drops to around 40-42% and we lose the series.
Like Reply
Devastatingly terrible coaching by Kidd in game 1, hopefully that's just the normal poor game 1 performance we've had against everybody but Minny
Like Reply
My question to everyone is if Gafford/Lively can't score or rebound, how do they keep playing? We've lost all the free points from lobs and they aren't controlling the boards. Where is our advantage? Honest question. I would also like them to keep playing, but I'm struggling to see how against this 5 out offense where all 5 can shoot from deep. Obviously Lively has a chance to adapt. Gafford can't suddenly get quicker with his feet.
Like Reply
Can anyone tell me why Josh tried to dunk on KP with his right hand, if he uses his left he probably dunks on KP's head.
Like Reply
The Mavs played a disrespectful game. They were very loose on offense and thought they could bully and overplay Boston on defense. They don’t have the athletes for that and just need to play fundamentally sound, keep your man in front of you basketball. And, for the love of god, please no more out of control drives to the basket.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 10:23 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: My question to everyone is if Gafford/Lively can't score or rebound, how do they keep playing? We've lost all the free points from lobs and they aren't controlling the boards. Where is our advantage? Honest question. I would also like them to keep playing, but I'm struggling to see how against this 5 out offense where all 5 can shoot from deep. Obviously Lively has a chance to adapt. Gafford can't suddenly get quicker with his feet.

I think the answer is they need score and rebound.  We finished a pretty long stretch where our centers got like 20 points and 15 rebounds plus really impact level plays.  Boston obviously stresses you out with their spacing and they will give up some threes.  But our bigs can force their style too.  They didn’t tonight. It may wind up being an advantage for Boston but we will see.
 I don’t know if it is possible but I wonder if our defense can be super connected where Lively can still be in the paint and our rotations with the other 4 are on point.  Really tough though.  No other team has had an answer this year to a hot shooting Celtics team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I hate saying this but Kuzma,(im not a big fan) would have helped us in this series off the bench.
Like Reply
I thought it was interesting Kidd said he wanted this series to be determined on who makes more twos. I think that is wise. The execution and limiting Boston threes is the hard part. Boston got good looks all
Night. Need to find a way to get them more difficult looks.

Mavs need to find a way to muck these game up when those shots are more difficult to make. Tough to do though.
Like Reply
Maxi, DJJ, Josh can't play 68 minutes while giving you 10 points in this series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
Wow.. just remembered we got down 17 points in the first quarter. Just forgot in the mouth and panicked a little. Celtics deserve some credit. Just have to limit those Celtics runs as the series goes on.

Everyone has a plan until they are hit in the mouth. Celtics get off to a slower start and maybe the Mavs can get comfortable in the game. Celtics were clearly better tonight but Mavs got out in their heels early.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 10:43 PM)Luka77 Wrote: I hate saying this but Kuzma,(im not a big fan) would have helped us in this series off the bench.

The Mavs wouldn’t be here if they had Kuzma on the roster.
[-] The following 5 users Like Smitty's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, nicholasthefan
Like Reply
Mavs still have a chance to get one this Sunday. It'll be a tied series going back to Dallas.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 10:54 PM)Smitty Wrote: The Mavs wouldn’t be here if they had Kuzma on the roster.

Im talking about the same roster but with Kuzma taking Maxi's minutes.  Mavs have lacked scoring off the bench the entire playoffs.

I think this series is where could have used a big (4/5) that can put the ball in the basket at a good level.  Make the Celtics bigs and wings protect the perimeter.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 10:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Wow.. just remembered we got down 17 points in the first quarter.  Just forgot in the mouth and panicked a little.  Celtics deserve some credit.  Just have to limit those Celtics runs as the series goes on.

Everyone has a plan until they are hit in the mouth.  Celtics get off to a slower start and maybe the Mavs can get comfortable in the game.  Celtics were clearly better tonight but Mavs got out in their heels early.

First game jitters for the young guys. Kyrie was off too. Celtics have been listening to the media and pumped. A lot of things could have happened. Like you said, punch in the mouth and panicked. They need to just calm down and stick to what got them here.

Kidd will have them ready for game 2.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply
Bad loss, not much to say about it. Mavs were a worse team in all aspects and Boston showed why they were the best team in the league. The way Mavs are used to playing, they are just not built to win against Boston, they will have to adjust. Boston played exactly the same way they played in both regular season games and result was also same. It will require from Mavs to stay in front of their guys on perimeter. Mostly looking at Luka, because Boston will attack him relentlessly. On the offense, I think the only chance is if Luka and Kyrie go supernova against 1 on 1 defense Boston is playing. Force them to adjust.

It is only game 1 and looking forward to game 2. Mavs in 6!
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • Chicagojk, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
This might sound crazy but I am ok with the KP postups on switches-our guys just need to defend him better and make him uncomfortable. After his hot start he was missing shots in the 2nd half, where one possession he posted Luka, Luka bothered him enough and he missed. I’d rather this than the open 3s for the likes of Derrick White and company. Just stand your ground and stick close to him. These possessions kill the Celtics rhythm.
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • Luka77, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Kyrie is almost unplayable. Way too small, gives zero effort on defense. We need to start both Lively and Green
Like Reply
(06-07-2024, 12:40 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: This might sound crazy but I am ok with the KP postups on switches-our guys just need to defend him better and make him uncomfortable. After his hot start he was missing shots in the 2nd half, where one possession he posted Luka, Luka bothered him enough and he missed. I’d rather this than the open 3s for the likes of Derrick White and company. Just stand your ground and stick close to him. These possessions kill the Celtics rhythm.

Luka knows how to defend KP, he needs to pass that down to Hardy, Lively and Green.  

When KP was with the Mavs defenders were in his shirt, knowing he couldn't put the ball on the floor.  He had one option and it was shooting over the top which he usually missed.  The non-Luka defenders need to do the same with him.

I would also pick him up as soon as he crosses half court.  Make him catch and dribble not catch and shoot.
Like Reply
(06-07-2024, 12:40 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: This might sound crazy but I am ok with the KP postups on switches-our guys just need to defend him better and make him uncomfortable. After his hot start he was missing shots in the 2nd half, where one possession he posted Luka, Luka bothered him enough and he missed. I’d rather this than the open 3s for the likes of Derrick White and company. Just stand your ground and stick close to him. These possessions kill the Celtics rhythm.

I don’t think that’s crazy at all. In fact, I think that was kind of the Mavericks plan coming into this game. I think it’s part of why they were switching everything Lively was involved with on defense. It certainly didn’t work out for them in this game, but I agree, there’s something there if they can figure it out.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:50 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Damn, that's a classic Celtics lookin lineup on the floor: 4 white guys and a black guy.

IKR! Is it any wonder that the Cs are only on their 2nd Black coach? The first being Udoka. Angel 

.png   JayW.png (Size: 69.21 KB / Downloads: 58)
Like Reply