Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Boston Celtics (0-0)
Can’t stress this enough: I knew Boston’s defense was good, but I did not have the Mavericks not breaking 90 on my bingo card.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:43 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Aside from the first quarter, I wouldn't put this game on Kidd. Kyrie was rattled the whole game.  This game would've been close if he had made his open shots

I'm not blaming Kidd for sticking with what got this team to the finals. I'm just saying that he will have to adapt the rest of the series and make changes if we are going to make a series of it. I personally don't know the answer, but I think it will involve less Gafford and more Lively/Maxi.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Probably not winning the title, when Hardy is outscoring Kyrie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:50 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Josh Giddey is not walking through that door

POTD.
Like Reply
Those Kyries 3s could have cut the lead to 6 or 7 and Mavs would be rolling at that point

Alas it was not meant to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
PJ, Luka and maybe Maxi were the only ones that could be considered positives in this one. All 8 for the C’s were positive.

Rough Game 1 but they’ve been here before. Let’s see how they respond in the next one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Won garbage time. Small steps...
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
just got to come with energy and more prepared next game.
Like Reply
Well that was a rough one. Felt a little different then game one with the clippers and OKc. Let’s see how the mavs respond. Need to play much better
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Boston also won game 1 vs the Warriors
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:52 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Probably not winning the title, when Hardy is outscoring Kyrie.

Yeah I guess all of our ideas don't really matter if Kyrie isn't a star in this series. He has to be the 3rd or 4th best player for us to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:53 PM)Smitty Wrote: PJ, Luka and maybe Maxi were the only ones that could be considered positives in this one. All 8 for the C’s were positive.

Rough Game 1 but they’ve been here before. Let’s see how they respond in the next one.

Dont know about Maxi - Brown and tatum are getting by him with ease
Like Reply
Exum takes pressure off Luka and Kyrie. I think we need 15-20 good minutes from him. Hardy with maybe 10. More if he gets going. I think this is a golden opportunity for Green. He should be able to play this style. Let’s see if that is true.

Need Kyrie and Lively to be huge to have any chance thiugh
Like Reply
You have to stop expecting anything out of Josh Green...they will definitely trade him this offseason. There's really not much he can do because all he will ever be here is an undersized wing like Jae Crowder who just stands in the corner and shoot threes. Every team needs players like that but not at $13 million dollars a season and that's why I'm sure they will look to trade him for some salary relief. He needs to go to a team where he can develop as a guard and that won't happen here.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:54 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Dont know about Maxi - Brown and tatum are getting by him with ease

It was a hard maybe ha
Like Reply
It will hopefully be a long series, so no need to panic yet. I would feel better if I had some sense that Kidd had a plan for all of this. The truly concerning thing is that Boston did not have to budge an inch from what they normally like to do, and they were able to take literally everything Dallas likes to do away from them.

Still, it’s only one game.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
If I'm Kidd, I would really consider starting Lively next game and Maxi as the backup 5. Maybe get Gafford some spot minutes if possible, but winning is all that matters at this point.
Like Reply
Can't believe Luka only had 1 assist. Must be a career low.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
They need to make a shooter their #1 priority with that 58th pick. We need a Hauser type. 42% career 3pt shooter. 42% from day one. Just find a senior that has the size to get his shot off. Forget whether he can play defense or not. This are 2nd unit minutes and opposition we are talking. Stupid Sandfort had to withdraw, but I´m sure there are more 3rd/4th year unathletic white dudes that made a living from three. Then find a better scorer via some trade.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:57 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Can't believe Luka only had 1 assist. Must be a career low.

It´s basically Boston´s plan since day one. Doesn´t Luka have his highest career average against Boston?
Like Reply