Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-07-2019, 05:35 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 02:02 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: This is what Morey and others think of in what HK is fighting for.  If they lose then this will happen to many of them in HK once the Chinese stop info from leaking out.  We are not there yet but it will come if left unchecked.  HK is fighting for its future life.  

https://twitter.com/s_mmmdv/status/1175956260488962051

Wow, just wow.  Makes me sick what NBA did here

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/11...1322361856

Chinese fans were offended?  Who would actually be able to confirm that?  Clearly the communist party was offended.  I thought the people of Hong Kong were also "Chinese" and they were not offended. 

So, if you still like the Houston Rockets now, your PLA social credit score has been reduced... no soup for you.

Next up, an approved list of PLA/NBA teams that a good communist can root for.  

I bet 1 billion+ Chinese don't even know or care.

(10-07-2019, 10:26 PM)Jym Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 09:57 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Hong Kong is protesting because their citizens love the freedom they currently have and did not want to be extradited into China to face becoming a political prisoner or worse for their beliefs or actions.  China is a human rights violating totalitarian nightmare to those that don't follow the state doctrine.  I don't see any bias in the west for calling a spade a spade. 

There is no equivalency between worldviews here imo

I do feel like "freedom fighters" do get a bit over romanticized though 
Brings me back to Syria where literal al Qaeda terrorists were being armed, funded, and propped up by the West. 
Makes me wonder how organic these protests really are and what percentage of HK support them.
The protests themselves at the start is pretty organic. Even amongst overseas ethnic chinese most arent exactly loving the way china handles its censorship n stuff. Most of my hk friends are very against the bill and how hk has evolved under the present government. The rioting though? I wonder how much is instigated.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Morey makes controversial statement about China...will he lose his job? - by Xeroze - 10-07-2019, 11:04 PM