Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(02-26-2021, 02:33 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I think because of the injuries and kinda journeyman career of Seth, the Mavs undervalued Seth a bit. For comparison they would never have traded a Joe Harris for Richardson . If they had to do it again, they would still try and trade for Richardson, who I think is a solid player, but Seth would have been off limits.

Maybe. I know the Mavs said they have long had their eye on Richardson and Johnson and so forth, but I think a big part of the attraction was their short contracts. 

I don't have a problem in principle with sacrificing some offense to gain substantially better defense. The problem is that it hasn't really worked out. They traded an otherworldly bench shooting talent for a pretty average starter. All the hype about the new defensive mindset hasn't really come to fruition. 

They picked up several guys, all of whom were supposed to add something, but mostly they haven't. The 8-man rotation is essentially last year's team, plus JRich, who doesn't even always make it into the closing unit. Ideally, they would attract some players who would push guys like Maxi and DFS to the bench, and guys like Johnson, Powell, and Willie out of the rotation, rather than continuing to shuffle the 9-17 deck chairs. 

It might be time to lighten up on prioritizing flexibility, and look for guys who have winning in their veins. Of course, that is difficult if you don't have your core in place, and the jury still appears to be out on KP.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by mavsluvr - 02-26-2021, 03:12 PM