Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lineup Discussion: Good on Paper Vs Good on Court
Quote:The Mavs are succeeding with player-archetype combinations that don't work for other teams. Would they be even BETTER with more optimized fit? Or are their players just unique?

I think RC is a unique coach tbh, he is a genius specially on the offensive end. 
But RC also has "his" guys.  That is a key here. 

I don't know how we compare to other teams, but Mavs has history of going after players who has played here before, may be before RC himself but surely more with him. Barea, Burke, Harris, TC. 

Why I am saying this? Because I think this team might be worse with another coach, even if that coach is great one. But some better "on paper" fit might be worse with him too. 
This is one of the main reason I don't want any big change this off-season, Draft right and get someone useful from MLE while moving Wright away. 

I think players like DFS,MAxi & THJ are perfect fit for him, they just need to work on their Defense as a team, and learn how to close games.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lineup Discussion: Good on Paper Vs Good on Court - by khaled1987 - 09-25-2020, 05:50 PM