Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118
(08-18-2020, 09:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It seems like this has been hashed over quite a bit in this thread, but like you, I was excited to see the bigger front court start the game. However, that lineup was an unmitigated disaster on both sides of the floor. For all who question Carlisle's tendency to go small, we got a first-hand look at his reasons. When the other team knows Doncic is (literally) the only competent ball handler on the floor, well, he's just not going to have room to go anywhere with the ball.

There is now zero doubt in my mind that Curry needs to be in the starting lineup. Part of me still wants to see the big front court with THJ coming off of the bench, but for some reason that's not happening. Call me a blind coach supporter if you want, but from what I've seen from Carlisle in his nine years here, something tells me there's a good reason for that, too
Thanks for the observations, Killer. It will be interesting to see what adjustments Coach comes up with tonight. 

Good to see you back on the board. We welcome your thoughts in the game recap threads any time.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118 - by mavsluvr - 08-19-2020, 10:48 AM