Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(02-26-2021, 11:50 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I don´t want to single out Boban because WCS and Powell looked just as bad. Boban at least made some impact on the defensive board. Big problem is that non of the bigs is of any use in the pick and roll. WCS combines bad timing and "Dampier" hands. He also is a terrible screener. Powell has no lift and lost his finishing ability. Boban has no mobility and cannot beat the opposing big to the rim or at least get a deep position. They just clog the lane and basically act like an additional defender for the opponent.
Problem with the matchup was that Boban (despite his size) is more of a skill player. Embiid and Howard bullied him. He couldn´t take advantage of his post game because he wasn´t getting a deep position. Both 76ers bigs boxed him out or bumped him of his spot.
Against the 76ers with Howard and Embiid he simply has no matchup advantage on offense but is still a liablity on defense.

Might just be me but the numbers actually confirm it. Feels like Boban isn´t as good as he was last season (same is obviously true for most Mavs). Not as efficient on offense. Missing some easy shots around the rim. Fumbling away easy paint catches or rebounds.

Good example: Boban with 3 off rebounds because he isn´t able to finish a uncontested layup.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=31&GameID=0022000498&Season=2020-21&flag=1&title=Marjanovic%20%20Putback%20Layup%20(2%20PTS)&sct=plot

Good stuff.   I'm still planning to go watch my recording so will be interesting to see. 

I can see that Bobi may be falling off but at the same time, I also find it hard to draw any conclusions off the inconsistent minutes, tiny sample size and after thought usage that he's getting in Dallas. 

In this case, throw him in the starting role against the best 2-way center in the game. As I said it looked to me like the coach told him they needed him to play strong defense and rebound.  He kind of did that really.  Cool I mean in 17 minutes he had more rebounds than all the other centers. 

They don't use him as an offensive force to play off of so speak.  Missing dunks though, makes me think mentally he was pressing.  
I mean let's be honest, Boban shouldn't miss dunks when he's 50 let alone 32, so that has to be mental. 
This is why I've said if he and his agent actually care about his basketball career anymore other than cheerleading, they should be looking for a team that might want him to really play.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by Dahlsim - 02-26-2021, 04:48 PM