Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Rockets
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: HOU (41-24) @ DAL (40-28) | 149-153 OT loss
(07-31-2020, 03:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 03:22 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:31 AM)haveitall Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:06 AM)MrGoat Wrote: It's about time the NBA got in on social justice. Seeing messages like Free Hong Kong and End the Uygur Concentration Camps will... oh wait they won't have those messages.

(07-31-2020, 10:12 AM)omahen Wrote: I wish NBA (and this forum) would be just about basketball... A little distraction from every day world problems.
I wish that as well.  I wish that I could watch sports without politics or prejudice, but it is being forced down my throat.

Standing up against racism isn't "politics being forced down your throat." Never surprises me when redneck ass southern conservatives feel this way.

I bet someone will bring up China.  Do I wish they spoke out against China too?  I do.  But two wrongs dont make a right.

I'll probably relocate to the Mavs subreddit where the fans are younger and more progressive.  That old Harrison Barnes should preach to Luka thread was an eye opener to how many batshit crazy fans we have.

I just remembered that Magick made me a moderator. Dog gone. 

Alrighty then, let's see if I can act like a moderator...

JS82, I'm with you on the importance of combating racism. But your post showed some blindspots as well. Mainly that there are lots of reasons why there are differences of opinions beyond being urban or rural, from certain regions of the country, and being sound of mind. You're throwing steriotypes around like the racists! 

I hope you stay with us, and if you do, respond without name calling. 

Everyone else, I actually love these topics. I don't mind some controversy. But some folks certainly would prefer to focus on basketball here at this basketball based community. 

Here's the acting like a mod directive:

If anyone wants to keep this topic going, if you get tempted to respond here, create another thread for that topic, or find one already created. 
Just saw this post of yours.  I'll be a good boy and stay with the game topic!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 68: HOU (40-24) @ DAL (40-27) | Jul 31, 8 pm, ESPN - by mtrot - 07-31-2020, 06:26 PM