Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 119
(03-11-2020, 12:36 PM)omahen Wrote: Didn't really follow them than, but KP was worse then 3-17 and 4-15 in those games? Wow, he really sucked Smile Blaiming Powell for KP inability to score is a bit far fetched imho.

I don't understand what you're saying. I'm not blaming Powell for KP's 2  bad games, but its without question that KP has performed significantly better playing the 5, which is Powell's position. Powell has nothing to do with anything regarding KP other than unfortunately playing the position where KP is exceeding so far, and because of that, coupled with his achillies injury, makes him the number 1 candidate to be moved for me.

(03-11-2020, 12:36 PM)omahen Wrote: Why are you looking for a worse player? DFS average this season is 9,3 PPG.

Because while DFS is averaging 9.3 ppg, that doesn't tell you anything about how consistently DFS actually scores in a game. DFS could have scored 595 points in game 1 of the season (which would've been quite the sight), and not have scored a single point in the other 63 games the rest of the year till now and his average would be 9.3ppg. Does that mean DFS gives you around 9 points a night? No obviously not. Mean is very susceptible for skews. 

Here are the box scores DFS has put up since the all star break. 5,5 6,8,14,3,9,18,2,15 
He's averaged 8.5ppg during that time but you can see how wildly inconsistent it is. His splits are 51/32/71 as well. So his 3pt% has drastically fallen, which is historically expected from him on top of his inconsistent scoring. I love DFS and think he's a valued player, but he isn't untouchable and the Mavs should try to find someone who can replicate his above average defense with more consistent offense.

(03-11-2020, 12:36 PM)omahen Wrote: I don't really get this Maxi worshipping. He is a nice player, can defend some, had some good offensive games. However, he is extremely limited offensively, mainly scoring by shooting decent percentage from wide open threes - unfortunately there are not many of these shots to go around. His production is not really improving when given the starter role, so I don't really see him as more as a bench guy. Decent contract for a bench guy but far from untouchable imho, if a better player would be discussed.

I believe Maxi is our 4th, arguably 3rd, most important player. The defense he brings every night is a game changer. Maxi is one of the best defenders in the league and he has an above average shot with his size. It's a rare combo, and when combined with someone like KP, makes lineups with the both of them incredibly difficult to guard. He fits perfectly on any team, and any team would want him on this contract. Now if a hypothetical trade for a superstar came about and we'd need to throw Maxi in there, would I be against it? No. But we know how rare superstars are traded. And anything short of a superstar I wouldn't want to move Maxi at all. So he's as good as untouchable in my eyes. 

And it's not worshiping pointing out how valuable Maxi has been to this team. It's a fact. Our defense would be worlds different without him, and we already have a tough time defending.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 119 - by SleepingHero - 03-11-2020, 06:18 PM