Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuban Says He's Had Conversation With Luka About Getting Teammates More Involved
https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/ne...ugh-trades

Dallas will surely back Doncic after the team went 3-4 in the seven games he missed during his latest ankle injury. However, a positive sign during that stretch was Kristaps Porzingis' stellar play. In the five games Porzingis played during Doncic's absence, he averaged 28.8 points per game. A far cry from his season average of 18.2. So how do the Mavericks get that kind of production out of Porzingis when Luka returns?

"Well, he's gotten more shots, obviously," Cuban said of Porzingis. "With Luka back, I think pre-injury, KP was still a little hesitant. We talked about not being used to taking ten threes a game, he's (now) gotten used to it. I think that will open up things even more and by having him there those driving lanes will be open for Luka."

Cuban was then asked if Luka needs to do a better job of getting his teammates involved, like Porzingis?

"Absolutely. And that's a conversation we had. I told him 'you gotta set up guys for their Steve Kerr moments.' You've gotta get them involved and make it so that come the fourth quarter, not just of a regular-season game,  but in a playoff game, they're used to looking for the ball and you're used to looking for them."
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Cuban Says He's Had Conversation With Luka About Getting Teammates More Involved - by ClutchDirk - 02-12-2020, 02:22 PM