Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A TD recovery thread: Internal player development progress
The Trade Deadline is over and all of the exciting events happened for others this year unlike last year which was superb for us. Many including myself are disappointed etc. We have definitely taken some losses recently with TD nothingness, injuries and lack of winning streaks. 

Following are other things we can switch our happy place focus to:

1. Number one for me is watching our continued internal development. I list Luka, THJ, Maxi, DFS and probably Jalen as well ahead of what we expected this past summer on the development scale. I also list overall team performance/chemistry as well ahead of my expectations. 
2. KP's progress is what most of us are watching very closely. He is not yet well ahead of our hopes but he is clearly our #2 legitimate star and him rising up to play that way is easily our single best way to take the next step toward serious playoff contender. I list his development as still positive with recent hope as well. 
3. We have real playoff run games to watch!  Smile
4. There are others who could improve to join the above list like Seth, Delon and WCS who have shown quite a bit at times. JJ Barea and Justin Jackson have attributes that could show up big down the stretch. We have a lots of opportunities for continued internal improvement.  Cool
5. Team opportunities that really need improvement/growth include closing games and free throw shooting. There are others. There has been signs of hope recently in both areas. There have also been a series of challenges like teams learning how to play us and our injuries. These things are requirements this team must master on the way to true playoff contender status. I think this current team has plenty of ability and opportunity to improve (even though additional talent would have helped. I will be rooting for WCS. He has much of what he needs to become an effective two way player. I want to see him against Jokic, Harrell etc.)
6. The All-Star game will be fun. Celebrating our Super Star never gets old. We are so lucky to have our new Super Star and maybe a 2nd big star so soon after the GOAT retired. 
7. Let's try to spend some of our time enjoying recovery from our disappointment. The closing stretch to the All-Star break, the surge to the finish and the Playoffs all come before the draft and free agency. We have much to enjoy. Please post any progress you notice beginning with tonight's game and the 30 remaining games.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
A TD recovery thread: Internal player development progress - by Reunion Mav Old - 02-07-2020, 12:50 PM