Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After posting in the Kobe thread, had a Sunday question to ask?
I get it, I guess my point in talking about Jesus teachings was that he taught that the sin happens in our thoughts, not our actions. If we can pinpoint the moment we are actually sinning in our thoughts, there is a chance to curb at least some of those sins that might otherwise just happen and the way I put it into perspective is that that sin is another drop of blood He had to spill all because of me and what I've done.

So I propose to you, is the moment the thought enters your mind the moment of sin?

I've been taught that we can't actually control a thought that enters our mind. What we can control is what we do with it when it does enter. If I see a pretty woman and think, that woman looks pretty, is that a sin? I'd say no, but if I entertain thoughts that further perverse that original thought, there is where the sin comes in. 

If I work for a bank and think, it'd be really easy to rob this place, that is not the sin, in my opinion. The sin comes in when I let it stew and entertain that thought of robbing the bank. 

Those two examples are very low hanging fruit in order to easily demonstrate the point. However, I think the principle boils down to much more tough thoughts to control.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: After posting in the Kobe thread, had a Sunday question to ask? - by ItsGoTime - 02-04-2020, 06:03 PM