Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excellent analysis of our Clutch Time struggles
(01-27-2020, 07:36 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: I thought Gobert was going to block Wright's 3 attempt and he made the right play going to the rim, Gobert just made an all world recovery because he's an insanely good player, and we lost because Utah is a better team than us and they were at home.  I think saying we are still 2-3 pieces away is very premature, our 2 best players haven't had a lot of time together, and they are both very young and likely to improve.  Iztok seems to be going out of his way to blame everyone not named Luka and I don't think his analysis is constructive or even accurate.  And how do we even know KP doesn't have a go to shot if we don't go to him?

I for one thinks he's dead on. The Mavs have had these deficiencies for some time now and long before Luka and KP were even here. Luka plays with the confidence and the skill of a player beyond his years and unfortunately he's the only one on the floor with that foundation. So they could either hope for more situations to come about to increase their confidence of experience or they can venture out into the market to find players that can do what needs to be done. The trade off may be flexibility for success now or they could wait it out over the course of a year or two or three until their eggs hatch. they can find a way to add a proven shooter/defender, like Redick, that would go miles for Luka and the rest of the team. You can't allow a team to do what Utah was able to do and not make them pay for it. His analysis was dead on. 

Utah otoh, is not better than Dallas but they are a better construction of experience. However, that can easily change once Dallas solves a few of it's deficiencies.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excellent analysis of our Clutch Time struggles - by luka_skywalker_77 - 01-28-2020, 01:29 PM