Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 9.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Bulls
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: CHI (13-24) @ DAL (23-13) | 118-110 win
Keys:
  • Win convincingly: Mavs need to set the tone today for the upcoming stretch of 3-in-4 against Denver, 76ers, and the Lakers. Let's for once return to early season form and just give the Bulls a 40-point beating. Start strong is the key, never let them get any hope of stealing this one.
  • Crunch time: I hope it won't come down to this, but if it does, Mavs must avoid just playing hero ball with Doncic at the helm. Not sure why the league's best offense turns into Houston in the crucial last minutes. Luka forces way too much difficult shots (partly due to not getting enough help from teammates and refs), and everyone else is just standing and watching. No movement, not even screens, wtf!
  • Maxi Kleber: The German Sheppard has stepped in nicely in KP's absence. With the Lithuanian Unicorn out again, another 20-point night would certainly help the Mavs bid to put Chicago to bed early.
  • THJ's return? Looks like Tim Hardaway might return tonight and guess what, Mavs could use his scoring. I just hope he doesn't need too long to shake off rust and just continues where he left off.
  • Back to the Basics: Winning basketball games isn't that complicated sometimes. Dallas has to rebound the ball better, avoid turnovers, and get to the foul line. They've struggled in at least one area lately and it would be nice if the team could pull off a complete effort tonight against an opponent they're supposed to beat. 
  • Brunson vs. JJB vs. Wright: As much as we all love JJB, but I'd rather not see him play 30. Not that Brunson or Wright have been particularly stellar either, but there are more longterm and shortterm benefits of distributing the minutes differently.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 36: CHI (13-23) @ DAL (22-13) | Jan 6, 7:30 pm | Mavs 9.5 pt favs (KP out) - by j0Shi - 01-06-2020, 04:59 PM