Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Thunder
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 33: DAL (21-12) @ OKC (18-15) | 101-106 loss
(01-01-2020, 02:36 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I think what we are seeing is how Luka is about to be defended for the rest of the year.

I don't think I've ever seen teams take a player full court, that aggressively for the whole game very often if any.  I've also not seen a star get beat like that up and down the court and not get more fouls, though.  I will say that.

I don't like this tendency by the officials to settle into allowing Luka to be beat to death.

We have seen the same playbook with Harden as he progresses deeper into the playoffs.  We enjoyed it then. You don’t think Bron gets beat up?  

I remember the same complaints  from Mavs fans when Dirk was aggressively defended in 2006 by Posey and Haslem . 

What changed was Dirk realized that to combat physical play you have to have moves closer to the basket to complement your outside game. 

Luka is a big boy who can also bully people down low. Kp is a 7’3” guy who should be allowed to take his share of mid range shots, despite what analytics dictate how the game should be played. Even I can coach asking the team to just jack up 50 3 pt shots.  Time for the players and coaches to acknowledge that they have fallen so much in love with certain aspects of the modern game, that they have forgotten certain lessons from 2011...lessons that are timeless and still hold true when physical play is taken up a notch.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 33: DAL (21-12) @ OKC (18-15) | 101-106 loss - by hakeemfan - 01-01-2020, 10:47 PM