Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 95, Lakers 108
(12-30-2019, 03:43 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: For now, I'm saying this match was an outlier

Hm. This match was exactly the same as the match against Clippers. When opponents guarded Luka hard by fouling him on every drive and his 3 point shot isn't falling, the offense fell appart in both cases. He actually managed to shot exactly 14 shots only in both games. Rest of the team doesn't handle physical play well and has limited creative capability. I am affraid this is not an outlier.

Bench severly lacks playmaking. Wright can create for himself, but is not a good PG. I would say that Brunson is best back up PG we have but his role has been greatly diminished with Luka back. Line-up of Brunson, Wright and Curry just isn't working. Neither does putting Jackson or Accountant on 4. I think one of the three small guards has to fall out of the rotation . Perhaps trade him, as each of them deserves minutes? He should be replaced by a regular sized player. Either additional man under the rim or 3-D guy. Assuming Seth is moved into THJ spot while he is injured, perhaps a line-up of Wright, Brunson, JJ + 2 more will look better. 

Being a second game of a B2B is not an excuse, as Lakers also played one. They just showed how a real contender plays. As for now this was just another regular season game and no tragedy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 95, Lakers 108 - by omahen - 12-30-2019, 06:05 AM