Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s time to close the deal on Iggy
A hard YES for me. We are debating whether to get Iggy for a worthless 2nd round pick or two plus Lee's corpse? Mavs have all the leverage bc they don't have to get Iggy. Lots of contending teams want Iggy but can't match salaries. Mavs are a perfect fit. Memphis other option is to buy him out and Iggy is ok the record that he doesn't want to give up any money in a buyout.  

Mavs are not going to to trade the GSW pick for Iggy. With that in mind this would be a great deal.

Now if Mavs can find a better deal great. But absent a better deal I would be thrilled. I definitely don't want to pass up on Iggy just to keep a pick that will turn into the next Isaiah Roby.

(12-27-2019, 05:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 02:13 PM)cow Wrote: Does Memphis still want a 1st rounder or him?  That's going to be a no from me, dog.  I wouldn't give up the 2nd GSW owes us either.  It's too valuable of a trade resource.
This. Mem IMO is waiting for someone to be desperate enough to offer what they want for a player that they already got an asset for (greedy). They don’t need money savings, so they can wait it out til there is a bidding war for him. If that doesn’t happen, then they will trade him to the highest bidder. If that is any more than a protected future second, I don’t really think that is a good deal.

There is no bidding war. The teams that covet Iggy are Clips, Lakers and Rox. None of them have the salary matching that makes any sense. You need a large expiring that is basically filler. They don't have that. The Mavs have the Grizz by the balls if they want Iggy. I am not sure if the Mavs want him or not. I like the idea of getting him to keep him off those other teams while also giving the Mavs a shutdown defender.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s time to close the deal on Iggy - by StepBackJay - 12-27-2019, 07:11 PM