Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110
(12-23-2019, 02:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Seems odd that a team with 4 primary ball handlers and 2 decent ones that we have 2 that can break a press. Someone said it earlier, if this becomes the book on how to beat us, like the zone exposed Phila, our guys might have lots of in game practice with beating it.

I don't think a press is going to be the textbook way to beat us. Notice, before Luka went out, Mavs never got pressed. Why? Well when you're pressing someone, you're trying to get them to speed up their game to make a mistake, and by doubling them you can make them easily throw the ball away. Well Luka never speeds his game up for anyone, and he's too big for opposing guards to effectively double him, and he's too fast to send bigger guys at him. Thus rendering any press useless. That and Luka has the ball handling skills to just drive by everyone for an easy layup. Same reasons why teams don't press Lebron. 

So as soon as Luka comes back I think that'll be the end of the press against the Mavs, I just hope that Brunson and co. take this as a valuable learning experience and practice against pressure.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110 - by SleepingHero - 12-23-2019, 02:24 PM