Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110
(12-23-2019, 07:36 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I don't think Carlisle ever dreamed they would blow a 30 point lead.

The concern I have is this team mentality. They almost managed to blow 11 point lead to Milwaukee in 40 seconds. We soon found out they learned absolutely nothing from that 40 seconds as they managed to blow 30 point lead in some 8 minutes against Toronto. They regained lead less than minute before the end and yet again just allowed Toronto to dunk the ball in a couple of seconds. Unacceptable! They were in a very good position against Miami with 4 point lead in the last minute. They held a 3 point lead agains LAL with a couple of seconds left and a foul to give and allowed open 3 point shot. I don't care refs should call a foul on Howard. These are all things that should not happen. Once it is not a problem. Several times in a couple of months it is starting to concern me. 

The problem in these situations is not so much on the offensive side. It was also bad, but they did score over 20 points in those last 14 minutes, which should be more than enough. The problem is on the defensive side. They allowed 55 points in 14 minutes against Toronto!!! I am not impatient and they should get time to learn. Or we should bring in a veteran that will handle those end of games situations on the defensive side.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110 - by omahen - 12-23-2019, 08:15 AM