Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110
(12-22-2019, 09:12 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 09:02 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I got the impression he felt that, in this particular case, he may have made a different choice if he had it to do over.

No doubt. He might have, after the fact, that maybe he could have given the young guys some experience under pressure AND secured the win by sprinkling some JJB in or playing the bigs more. Maybe he thought of a way that would been less like hanging the young guys out to dry.

But of course, hindsight. None of us knew that they'd never settle the game down for a while quarter plus.
Totally agree. Also, it occurred to me that they might not be learning much by such an extensive period of flailing around, and that part of the reason you have veterans on a young team is to show the young guys how it's done. But, as you say, that's all with the benefit of hindsight. I wonder if it will affect Rick's thinking for the future, in terms of how long it makes sense to watch the team drowning. Hopefully, it won't even come up very often, as this will pretty much be mooted once Luka comes back.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, 76ers 98 - by mavsluvr - 12-22-2019, 09:18 PM