Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
I had to go look for it to remember who was on the floor, but they ran the PnR action with PJ and I love it when they do that.  In the linked video it's about 1:05 into those PJ highlights and around 1:27 left in the 3rd quarter.

Luka, Green, PJ, Maxi and Lively are on the floor.  Josh and Maxi go to the corners and Lively goes to the dunker spot.  Luka initiates the action quickly and the double from Harden and Coffey comes.  When Luke feeds PJ on the short roll he does what no other roller does for the Mavs...he attacks the basket immediately.  The Mavs are playing 4 on 3 with PJ coming down hill, Lively in position for a lob and Maxi and Green both wide open in the corners.  PJ makes the push shot but it could have been a Lively oop or a wide open 3 pt attempt just as easily.

This is a set that I would love to see Kidd go to more, and do it with Luka, Kyrie, PJ, Gafford/Lively and literally anyone else he wants on the floor as the 5th guy.  If you put Kyrie on the same side of the floor as Lively, it may be the most indefensible set they could run.  Zubac/Plumlee HAVE to step up on PJ.  Kyrie's man would be in such a bind because he is either leaving a lob wide open to the dunker spot or leaving Kyrie alone in the corner to do Kyrie stuff.

Mavs need to find some easier baskets and I think this set could do just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U3PxwoH9RY
[-] The following 4 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • fifteenth, Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks - by MaxiThreeba - 04-25-2024, 04:00 PM