Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116
(12-17-2019, 08:55 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs can still win games without Luka. The formula should be play defense and shoot a ton of 3s. Our team has good shooters. Watching that game last night I am convinced that 3s and paint baskets are the way to go. Sure it's okay to shoot a rhythm mid-range jumper a couple times if it's open but that should be 1% of the shots taken. Mavs have enough guys that can get dribble penetration to get open looks. If Mavs can get good looks from outside against the Bucks stingy defense, they can do it against anybody. Our spacing is great and will keep this team competitive especially if they are going to play this hard every night. I still think we need to pull the trigger on another defensive stud wing or big to shore up some weaknesses. Iggy would be so handy to bother Giannis types for 10-15 mpg.

My open letter to Rick Carlisle:

If you want garbage time to stay garbage time, especially against the best team in the East on the road, use JJ Barea. I promise if JJB had been running point the last 5 minutes he would have had double digit points and we would have been laughing all the way to the end. JJB will not have empty possessions or goofy execution errors and he makes free throws. Instead we got a fire drill bc we gave the Bucks a window to get back into the game.

This is a good point.  I forwarded the letter to coach Carlisle and he shot back that he had it all under control and he wanted to get his younger guys like  Brunson and yes-I-choked-some-free-throws-Jackson-THJ  that critical late game experience. 
Hey I'm just the messenger here. Sleepy
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116 - by Dahlsim - 12-17-2019, 01:39 PM