Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the most to gain/lose during the rest of the season?
I've come to accept who Green is, and it's not a bad thing, in fact from what I'm seeing, Green fits really well with the Mavs 2 stars. He doesn't need shots to be effective, although his D needs work -- he is not a negative and proven to be disruptive at times, his hustle and motor is always there whether he is scoring or not, he runs the floor hard, has the speed and jumping ability to be a significant force in transition, he now shoots with confidence, and could be relied upon for the extra pass.

My only gripe with him is he still defers a bit, not like before but he still does this, he needs to take the open 3 rather than to an open THJ or Hardy.

Green's play with the Mavs is not the optimal Green, he is capable of more than what he shows, but the Mavs as currently constructed would have some players get lesser opportunities to deviate from what they do. Some of these players would have less PT than they used to. Some would get less shot attempts. Green IMHO is a willing volunteer for less, he will not pout or think for a second why a guy like PJ would have more FG attempts than him (THJ on the other hand, feels like a guy who'd be threatened if Hardy, PJ or Green are having good scoring games).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who has the most to gain/lose during the rest of the season? - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 02-24-2024, 05:09 AM