Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Pistons 111
(12-14-2019, 11:34 AM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 01:37 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Matrix thought the team could use a bruiser inside, and maybe also a "mean guy" who can shoot threes. 

Derek Harper mentioned early in the season that he thought the Mavs need a Rasheed Wallace type. 

'Sheed basically fits what Marion said this team lacks as well. 

Honestly I've always wanted a Rasheed Wallace-type, even going back to early in Dirk's career when there were debates about who to surround him with. 

Unfortunately Sheed isn't an option but Marcus Morris sort of fits the mould. I've always thought of Morris as closer to Antoine Walker but Morris certainly brings the swagger. 

James Johnson is out of the rotation in Miami. He's not as talented but no doubt brings the toughness.

Adams is probably out of the price range.

Taj Gibson?
Morris would be an interesting option, although I believe he has a reputation as a bit of a knucklehead. 

Agree that Adams is probably too expensive, unless they truly think he would be the final piece to enable them to win it all this season or next.  

Did you have in mind a short-term rental until the summer of 2021? If they're trying to use that summer for one or more big free agents, I could see re-signing guys like Morris and Adams as possibly not very likely. In Morris' case, because he might have to be willing to sign a one-year contract. In Adams' situation, because they might not be able to afford him in connection with the other things they want to do. 

I don't know that I think a big man is the top priority (realize you didn't say it was). If they want to add one this season, think they could make do with a bench guy who could play starter minutes occasionally against teams with behemoths. Think they could really use a big 3-and-D wing, who could also be the 'Sheed type, but wouldn't have to be. 

Good thoughts.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Pistons 111 - by mavsluvr - 12-14-2019, 07:24 PM