Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 36: Portland Trailblazers (9-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (21-15)| 103-139 WIN!
(01-06-2024, 01:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He's got to be right, because to my eye, O-Max is ALREADY making a noticeable impact on defense when he plays. It has to be his "baby deer" offense that's got him glued to the bench. 

Still...two catch and shoot 3's!! Bringing the ball up! Crossing dudes over and driving???!!!!

That's what more than DFS was doing his first season. Now, I admit that part of why DFS started so limited was that Carlisle (wisely) had him reigned in as means of safely putting him on the floor, but I feel like it's kind of nice to know O-Max has some confidence and some handles.

I see the potential as well.  

I think the best way for him to earn regular minutes on this roster is to focus on rebounding.  If OMax could pull down 12 rebounds per 36 minutes we could play him some on the 2nd unit with Powell.   We'd lack shooting but the hustle on defense would be pretty impressive.  I'd like to see those two play with Kyrie, Hardy and Josh Green.  That grouping would be really fast and fun to watch.

Kidd is in a tough spot though as if we don't have some success this year, he probably won't be the coach next year.  OMax minutes are probably a net negative this season even if they'll make us better in the future.  

At the least, I don't want to see Markieff Morris get minutes over OMax again.  Both are liabilities currently but OMax has the potential to be pretty good someday.  Morris won't be in the NBA next season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-06-2024, 08:35 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 01-06-2024, 12:21 PM
RE: Game 36: Portland Trailblazers (9-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (21-15)| 103-139 WIN! - by surfpuckmd - 01-06-2024, 02:24 PM