Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: OG Anunoby, Achiuwa, Flynn to NYK| Barrett, Quickley, and 2024 2nd to TOR
(12-30-2023, 11:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If Quickley is up to becoming their starting point guard, then they have effectively replaced VanVleet by moving a player they didn’t want to pay and were going to lose anyway. If Barrett is an instant rotation player who still has some upside they believe in, it gets a little better even.

It’s probably not as bad as I first thought when I reacted earlier.

And, for whatever reason, our board always forgets this, collectively, but those athletic, defensive types just aren’t ever as valuable as we think they are. The Nelson’s don’t really like players like that so the team we follow has a long history of not really having players like that, which I think causes us to cover them more than an average NBA fan would.

I hesitate to call Anunoby overrated but I think he is simply a good player.  IQ is also a good player.  It makes sense that they were traded for each other.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: OG Anunoby, Achiuwa, Flynn to NYK| Barrett, Quickley, and 2024 2nd to TOR - by surfpuckmd - 12-30-2023, 11:58 PM