Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron
(06-21-2023, 02:48 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: When people show you who they are, believe them.  3 years/$104m based upon what he *could be?

I liked your thought here because I generally understand the risk in getting a player with time in the league and paying on the hope that they go to another level based on a change in environment.  Its a significant risk.  On the other hand, it has happened. Jimmy Butler may the most recent example, a guy who showed talent but issues at other locations, now in a better fit is a leading star on a 2x finals team. Evidently the rumor mill has it that Dallas is still looking at this maybe similar to the way JJ Redick and I see it as a potential offensive powerhouse even if its a bit of hail mary.   

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...rie-irving
Quote:The Mavs continue to be linked in trade rumors to Suns center Deandre Ayton even after selecting a center using a lottery pick in the 2023 NBA Draft.

I like their draft pick. Lively is exactly the type of center I would expect them to favor based on the defensive orientation Jason Kidd has been trying to build. 
At the same time I think Dallas feels they need a 3rd star level player if they want Luka's team to seriously compete any time soon. 

Still seems like a longshot from an asset and financial perspective for Nico and company to pull this off but from Phoenix perspective the thought is: 
Quote:With the Suns now having Bradley Beal in the fold alongside Kevin Durant and Devin Booker, there isn't a need to prioritize an expensive scoring threat at the center position. Phoenix may choose to break up his contract into multiple players in order to maximize the depth that they have.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron - by Dahlsim - 06-27-2023, 10:53 AM