Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron
(06-11-2023, 03:10 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Wood might create a path to maximizing what we have left after making trades., but it requires that we not bring back anyone in a S&T or have a trade match greater than 10% above our outgoing.  It also requires a trading partner who can stay under the first apron after such a deal.

Great thread and post Dan!  Idea 

The Mavericks entire Luka era and relevance as an NBA contender or not for the foreseeable future hinges very heavily on how they manage the current CAP and talent predicament they have placed themselves in.  

Cuban and company not only can't afford another epic fail like the Brunson Blunder but they really need to score on a solid double or triple if not a home run to make up for the loss in roster value.  Has no one in their office called you to consult yet on the cap moves? 

The CLE trade sounds solid. 
Quote:I like Allen way better than Ayton.

Allen, yeah, good stuff @chaparral. 
Not even sure how practical or feasible Ayton acquisition is but there is a part of me that is intrigued still with Ayton's potential if he were featured with Luka.  

I can see some similar potential in Luka/Ayton to Jokic/Murray dominance which is much more offensive dominance supported by smart hard working defense than it is based on a great defensive big man anchor.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron - by Dahlsim - 06-16-2023, 11:00 AM