Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 121, Timberwolves 114
(12-05-2019, 05:28 AM)Jannemann2 Wrote: I'm still a bit anxious to say it, but the Mavs seem to be good, actually. Two games of a back to back against opponents that weren't toast and despite the fact that they didn't play without struggles and were down in both games they managed to carve out convincing wins. Kudos! That's what good teams do.
For some time I was looking at the December schedule with a bit of fear, but currently I don't see a reason they won't win their fair share of games against teams like Miami, Milwaukee, Boston, Philly and Toronto during the next weeks. Good times to be a Mavs fan.

For me, the officiating seemed to be a bit uneven at least during the first half and then some - refs seemed to allow more contact on the Mavs and especially Luka, than hey allowed on the Wolves. Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't say there were a lot of clear fouls on Luka, but the seemed to call that kind of contact on the other side of the court, so I can understand the young man was irritated - even if it did him no good.

Dwight Powell seems to have found his confidence again and while he was on the down site of every 50:50 ball for long stretches of the season, and falling to the floor every other possession it looks like he's better now. Hope the trend holds! Fun fact: Is it just me, or does Powell foul (!?) with his face more than with every other part of his body!?

Great games by Maxi and Brunson also. Won't be easy to choose someone for the Dirkie! As you said, mavsluvr: you never know, which Mav will step up the next time and elevate his game above the normal level.
Also Rick seems to be opportunistic and let the hot guys play - something he was criticized for not doing sometimes, maybe rightfully to some degree.
Good observations. 

With some trepidation, I am coming to think of the Mavs as one of the league's good teams. Which I wasn't really expecting. Feels a little weird, in fact, lol.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 121, Timberwolves 114 - by mavsluvr - 12-06-2019, 05:52 PM