Poll: How many points does Kyrie score in his Mavs debut? O/U 26.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
8 80.00%
Under
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: DAL (30-26) vs. LAC (31-27) | 110-104 WIN!
(02-08-2023, 12:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: So Green is out then? 

The dude led the entire team to a win. I feel like he should be rewarded with a starting spot.

I'd start him, too, but in Bullock's spot. 

...and I don't think it's a given that Kidd will start him at all. We've heard calls for it here all season and lately the media types have picked up the cry, but as we saw with Wood, Kidd has his own idea of the pecking order. 

And that's what it is to him, much more than it was with Carlisle (right or wrong) - a pecking order. Green is the young kid. Bullock and THJ are the veteran leaders. It's so clear to me that Kidd thinks upsetting that isn't something to be done lightly. He might be right, I'm not sure. But both Nellie and Carlisle would throw lineups together based on synergy and fit, so that's what we're all used to as fans. I honestly, truly believe Kidd thinks more like he did as a player. There are likely pros and cons to each approach. 

To be clear, I expect Green to be a starter soon - it's impossible to deny that he's super important to this team. Part of the equation seems to be getting the rest of the team on board with that concept, however. Also, the way he plays, with so much energy...I think it's easy to assume he can simply extend that approach to longer minutes without dipping in effectiveness, but his conditioning might actually still be a work in progress. It is for most young players. 

This might all get cleared up by that "one more trade"...whatever it is.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 56: DAL (29-26) vs. LAC (31-26) | Mavs +8 underdogs - by KillerLeft - 02-08-2023, 01:02 PM