Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Rui to LAL | Nunn + three 2nds to WAS
(01-23-2023, 10:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I wonder, before his latest injury, what interest there would be if the Wizards put KP on the market?   Is it still very lukewarm market for him?

My guess is there was a minimal market for KP and the Mavs just took the first/only offer that was presented to them.  Washington probably didn't have a lot of desire to land KP so much as they wanted to dump Din/Bertans as they weren't working out for the team.   Even if a team wanted KP, they wouldn't have offered Dallas much as anyone with eyes could see the pairing of he and Luka wasn't working out.  And that's not even factoring in the injury concerns.  

Din was better than expected and the playoff run we had probably doesn't happen without him.  Was that worth the trade?  No idea.  I just know at some point you have to swallow your medicine.  And if we weren't willing to swallow the KP salary, we surely will swallow the Bertans contract.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Rui to LAL | Nunn + three 2nds to WAS - by cow - 01-24-2023, 01:42 AM