Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: LAC (25-24) @ DAL (25-23) | 98-112 loss
(01-23-2023, 11:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sometimes, but not always. There are PLENTY of times that he holds the ball way, way too long, and he often gives up picks because of late throws, too. 

I guess the bottom line is that he's just not that great.

This is true but that's also his nature of wanting to go to a predetermined target instead of checking down or throwing the ball away and living for another day.  His pick to lamb was him not reading the coverage right and not seeing the second defender while at the same time holding the ball too long, not taking the check down and just forcing the ball to a predetermined target.  That's a long way of saying that I think we are both saying the same thing.

Putting aside his ridiculous salary, you can live with an average quarterback if they aren't making mistakes but that also requires a good defense (check) and a great running game (check).  Look at what Rush did while Dak was hurt.  As soon as Pollard got hurt last night, I knew it was over because it took away one of those check marks.  You then had to rely too heavily on Dak and McCarthy's incompetence with game management and Moore's less-than-creative play calling.  Though to be fair to Moore, Dak is pretty limited in what he can do.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 48: LAC (25-24) @ DAL (25-23) | 98-112 loss - by cow - 01-24-2023, 01:36 AM