Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 45: DAL (24-21) @ POR (21-22) | 123-140 loss
(01-16-2023, 01:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: And frankly (this is where I'll lose most of you), I think Luka/actual playmaker/THJ is far, far superior to Luka/Dinwiddie/THJ, so if it were me I wouldn't JUST be shopping THJ. I'd be fine with substituting Dinwiddie in any deal that netted me a real, live playmaker who could play off ball 

I'm with you on this.
Luka is the only player on this team that dictates the flow of the offense.
Without him the offense is in shambles.

Dinwiddie's forte is scoring.
If you force him to be a facilitator, he is decent, good even for stretches -- but his instincts are more tuned into scoring.

A couple of reasons on why I think Din isn't play making like a PG:
  • He doesn't trust his team mates -- and it's hard to blame him when RB, Bertans and THJ are laying bricks. He has that air of superiority in him that his ISO's are the best way for the team to score sans Luka.
  • Him calling his number is by design. We can all thank Kidd for his un-imaginative offense for this. I'm not sure if it's pure ineptness but it's clear for most of us that the strategy of letting Din get a free reign like Luka isn't working. Is it too much to ask for the coach to design proper and effective plays for a non-Luka PG?
I'd like to upgrade from Dinwiddie, I really do. But I'm finding difficulty on who the Mavs can get in place of him.

A player like.. maybe a B+ in playmaking to SD's C+.
The same player who should be at least be a C+ to SD's B+ in driving to the basket.
A player who should at least match or even be just below SD's B+ in outside shooting.
And finally a player who could at least be a C+ to SD's F in defense.

I might be wrong on SD's evaluation but what sticks out is his bad D and absent playmaking (he is able but doesn't want to).

However..  even if the Mavs get to trade Dinwiddie, whoever the Mavs get -- I think Kidd would find a way to mis-use the new guy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 45: DAL (24-21) @ POR (21-22) | 123-140 loss - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 01-17-2023, 07:09 AM