Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 43: DAL (24-19) @ LAL (19-23) | 119-115 2OT win
(01-13-2023, 01:34 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Dirk was great no doubt, but Luka and Tatum have been swapping off the lead in RPM this year (Luka will probably finish first I think), so he’s no slouch on plus minus for whatever that stat is worth.  Dirk had an opportunity to play on a roster with a fellow NBA HOFer,  a 4 time all star, a DPOY, and a sixth man of the year and led them to a title. I just hope Luka has an opportunity to play with a supporting cast of half that quality some day soon.  The Mavs will be invincible.

Not talking about RPM, or RAPM (Dirk lead the league in multiple seasons). Simply stating the fact that in many of his prime seasons the Mavs were outscored by a decent margin when he was on the bench (worse than anything Luka is facing this season). Of course he also had a couple of decent casts but your list of accolades isn´t painting the real picture. He either played with them before they entered their prime (Nash, Chandler) or when they were close to retirement (Kidd, Marion). Just like it makes no sense to list KP as an allstar teammate when he never performed like an allstar next to Luka.

Big picture the Mavs have been blessed with two all time great talents. And they have done a bad job building around them. Dirk bailed them out and with an all time great playoff run and some luck he managed to overcome the odds and at least win once.
I had high hopes that the Mavs wouldn´t repeat their mistakes but so far it looks even worse. And I highly doubt that Luka is as loyal as Dirk. Completly different personalities. One entered the NBA and was ready to leave a few games into his first season. Was never a big media personality. The other has been a superstar at any level and basically doesn´t know what it means to lose or to take a step back.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 43: DAL (23-19) @ LAL (19-22) | Jan 12, 9 pm | Mavs 3.0 pt Vegas favs - by dirkfansince1998 - 01-13-2023, 01:55 AM