Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114
(11-27-2019, 01:46 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: "A Few Thoughts. . ." 2300+ words later lol. 

I guess I got a little carried away with this one, lol. 

As for the game, I saw 99 problems (and yes Luka was one) but I'm gonna hold my breath until it becomes more of a pattern. 

But I will say this: throwing in Barea was a forlorn move and there was no point in it. The game was practically over. Why not give that opportunity to someone who is actually part of the regular rotation? JJax, Seth, Brunson, Delon, whoever. These are the guys we need to build up and rely on. 

I just don't like the idea when things are going bad, Carlisle relapses to Puerto Rican rum. I think long term it sends a bad message to his team.

Carlisle has only brought Barea in twice this season. I thought it was a good move in both cases. I hear what you're saying about giving the younger players the opportunity, and I think that's generally a good thing. But, in this case, the young players were just faffing about, lost in space, not knowing what in the heck to do. In a situation like that, I think bringing in a veteran who can show them how to get out of a jam is a good idea, as they weren't looking like figuring it out themselves. Doing that twice in 17 games seems reasonable. 

I might agree with you if the game had really been practically over. But it was the middle of the third quarter. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 99, Clippers 114 - by mavsluvr - 11-27-2019, 04:00 PM