Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: NOP (24-16) @ DAL (23-17) | 127-117 win
(01-07-2023, 10:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: For the Mavs, the offense was great.   But it just feels like Mavs have some lapses where teams can push the pace and go right to the basket.    Mavs are slow getting back and leads can go pretty quick when teams go right at us.

I don't mean to trivialize this situation or dismiss your point, because I think you're right about this. BUT, it seems like every NBA fan thinks this is something that only happens to their team, and yet it happens during multiple games every night in the league. 

I'm not sure if it's the rules, the officiating, pro players being lazy, the close talent levels of teams or some combination of those and a dozen other things, but those old cliches "no lead is safe" and "it's a game of runs" actually do have some substance to them. 

Those games at the beginning of the season in which opportunities were missed...they felt different, like the team didn't know what to do. Tonight, I personally never thought the outcome was in jeopardy, regardless of how close the score got near the end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 40: NOP (24-16) @ DAL (23-17) | 127-117 win - by KillerLeft - 01-07-2023, 11:12 PM