Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 37: DAL (21-16) @ SAS (12-24) | 126-125 win
(01-01-2023, 01:09 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Noticed that 3 of Luka's 5 highest scoring games are on the road.  MJ had 55 at MSG, 63 in The Garden, and 69 in Cleveland.  Maybe this is a correlation with the all-time greats?  To counter, KB's 81 was at home, but he had everything handed to him on a silver platter his entire life. Smile

Good thought...maybe he's just recognizing how poorly the rest of the team is performing on the road this season (for whatever reason) and trying to compensate. 

I knew this game would be a struggle, not because I think the Mavs have to get an MVP level game to beat even the lowly Spurs, but because they need that type of game to beat any team on the road this year. The quality of the roster around Luka is intertwined with that issue for sure, but it's not the entire issue. For some reason, this version of the Mavs is two different teams: a good one at home, heading towards great, and a bottom feeder on the road, heading (I hope) towards decent. THAT is what I'd be worried about getting to the bottom of were I in Kidd's position.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, BoredAssistant
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 37: DAL (21-16) @ SAS (12-24) | 126-125 win - by KillerLeft - 01-01-2023, 01:42 PM