Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 37: DAL (21-16) @ SAS (12-24) | 126-125 win
The defense and rebounding was really poor last night.   Although, last game of the year, I guess I can understand some thought of just getting out of there with a win.  

Mavs have taken advantage of their competition lately.   You have to give them credit there.  Luckily this stretch lined up with their current injuries.  If they played a tough stretch, we may be looking at 2-3 games under .500.  It feels like we have been playing better but we need to factor in the competition and Luka's peak level play.   

Disappointing to hear that Green is practicing, but not participating in team activities yet.  Sounds like he may be out for a little bit longer.  

I really disliked the start of the fourth quarter.  I don't think the Spurs made a large run, but the offense was really bad.  Dinwiddie made nice plays.  But all the other plays were where everyone was standing around and Din was dribbling.   Although, he was playing with guys who are not scoring options besides Wood.  My hope is the non Luka lineups can develop some chemistry and hopefully more ball movement and faster pace.   Mavs need a group who can play 5 or so minutes and not hemorrhage points when Luka is sitting.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 37: DAL (21-16) @ SAS (12-24) | 126-125 win - by Chicagojk - 01-01-2023, 09:29 AM