Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 34: LAL (13-20) @ DAL (18-16) | 124-115 win
(12-25-2022, 10:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I halfway feel like the solo big minutes in the fourth quarter would have gone to Kleber, had he been healthy. Maybe I am wrong about that, but they were definitely games during the first two months where I thought Wood could have made a difference and was not given a chance.  

Both Powell and Frank subbed for Wood for defensive possessions late in the Houston game.  So, Wood is still susceptible at least to situational subbing late in games even without Maxi available.  But he at least comes back for offensive possessions as opposed to just being out in favor of Maxi when Maxi was available.  That's progress and seems to be the better way to handle it assuming one feels the need to take him out for defensive possessions (which the coaching staff has felt).  You are getting the benefit of his offense.  The risk is the clock doesn't stop for every possession, so you don't get to always get him out every time you want to.

There is the beginning of a conversation in another thread about what Wood's comps are in terms of his next contract.  Kamm put up Markkannen, which I thought was really good.  The question I'd ask about him (since I don't watch too many Utah games) or anyone else someone puts up as a comp is do they have to come out for defensive purposes late in games?  If not, what discount has to be taken from that comp to account for that weakness in Wood's game.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 34: LAL (13-19) @ DAL (17-16) - by Mapka - 12-26-2022, 08:45 AM
RE: GAME 34: LAL (13-20) @ DAL (18-16) | 124-115 win - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-26-2022, 08:42 AM