Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 31: DAL (15-16) @ MIN (16-15) | 106-116 loss
(12-20-2022, 12:01 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: One of the worst losses of the season. Crazy.

Say what you want though, the refs were abhorrent. Luka getting thrown out for that? When Ant was putting on a theatrical show in the first half? Ridiculous and inconsistent.

This team is gutless though. Kidd seems disconnected. Luka is frustrated and going through the motions. I hate watching this team.

I turned it off in the third quarter and joined my wife in another room in the middle of some freaking Hallmark Christmas movie.  It was that bad.  This team can be fun to watch when shots go down.  But, there are nights like last night where they look like the most inept team in the league.  Without Green (or Hardy) to root for, there just isn't any point watching a bunch of veterans go through the motions.

I agree with your point about Ant.  It was also Rodney Mott who gave Luka doubled tech in May of 2021 (happened to see it when looking for a highlight for this).  The highlight I saw from last night had the Minnesota announcers and they pointed out Luka was 1 of 8 against Jaden McDaniels.  Watching it the first time, I didn't think it was a foul.  Watching it again after I knew that was 'the play', he got McDaniels to move toward him ever so slightly.  It was pretty close depending on whose laundry you root for.  Hard to imagine what Luka could have said in a relatively calm manner that caused the double-tech.  One tech...absolutely.

Of course, the game was over well before that.  The beautiful D we've been getting out of Wood evaporated (DRating of 130).  Five TO's didn't help.  But he did hit his FT's and he did rebound well.  Can't put it all on him.  Offense looked like crap.  We didn't have an answer for the Luka double teams.  Dorian trying to do too much isn't pretty.  Reggie...absolutely nothing (do we really miss THJ that much?).  Much talk about what Brunson brought that we now miss.  One of the things I remember from last year was the beautiful brand of ball movement that happened when Luka sat.  If we are going to be mediocre, lets at least do it with a product that is fun to watch.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 31: DAL (15-16) @ MIN (16-15) | 106-116 loss - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-20-2022, 08:55 AM