Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 30: DAL (15-15) @ CLE (20-11) | 99-100 loss
(12-18-2022, 09:58 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: It is worse than that.  DFS is the only real PF.  Not only does Kidd really just have Wood and Powell to cover the C minutes, but he's having to expose one of them to playing 10-12 minutes w/o Dorian.  I wrote something in response to mvossman in another thread that outlines non all-star players who might fit next to Wood as a starting center.  We have to be careful because we do have Maxi and Dorian when everyone is healthy.  I guess Maxi could play his time at C (benching Powell again) if you brought someone in.

It would be nice if that someone could play small-ball center.  Could you solve both issues above with something like P.J. Washington for Bullock?  He's mobile enough to play next to Wood.  He didn't make my list in the other post, but he typically shoots 3's well enough that he would make the list.  He's an average rebounder and above average shot blocker and he's had 7 games of 20 points or more this season.

I do think we need another big at least for the rest of this season given how useless McGee is, but I do think they can get away with Luka taking on some PF minutes.

I like the PJ for Bullock trade as it bolsters the frontcourt with a good fitting player while relieving some of the backcourt minutes crunch, but I am not sure how much that trade makes sense for Charlotte?
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 30: DAL (15-15) @ CLE (20-11) | 99-100 loss - by mvossman - 12-18-2022, 07:18 PM