Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questioning My Emotional Involvement in the Mavs
(12-11-2022, 02:53 AM)cow Wrote: More worrisome is that I don't think Mark has the stomach for the money being spent on NBA franchises these days.  

Yes, while Ballmer and Lacob/Guber are making personnel decisions oblivious to money, Cuban runs his operation on the comparative "cheap."

(12-11-2022, 12:55 PM)Bayliss Wrote: My fandom has waned since 2012.  As soon as Cuban broke up the team, and never wanted to compete for a title again with Dirk, then my fandom started cracking.

Throw in Cuban not spending money, not giving a damn about the draft, and basically not really being able to watch sports since they moved away from FSN and I can barely tune in to a game and my fandom is pretty much at an all time low.  I had more fun watching the 90s teams under Heard, Motta, and Jim Cleamons than this sh*tshow.  Jerry Jones is a better owner than Cuban.  Hell, Donald Sterling is a better owner.

And what is sorry, is as great as Luka is, he is about as likable as James Harden with his style of play.  Hold the ball for 20 seconds, then do a step back 3.  And then whine whine whine to the refs about everything.  It's boring AF.  His style is not conducive to winning in the playoffs but no one will tell him to play differently.  LeBron basically kowtowed to Pat Riley and told him that he doesn't run the franchise, etc.....  and LeBron was better for it.  Someone needs to do the same for Luka.  But no one in the Mavs organization will do that.

All great points.  For the last 20 years this board and the one before it has agonized over the draft only to have the Mavs totally ignore it as meaningless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questioning My Emotional Involvement in the Mavs - by WildArkieBoy - 12-11-2022, 02:57 PM