Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questioning My Emotional Involvement in the Mavs
(12-11-2022, 01:20 AM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Maybe it's that my life just reached the 3/4 of a century point, but I've come to some realizations that may curb my future emotional investment into the Mavs:
In moving beyond Nelson/Carlise, Cuban chose as GM someone without the full range of normal skills, a player-friendly guy not up to par in "player evaluations" and other typical GM duties.

That's a clear indication Cuban intended to remain the de facto GM.
Cuban chose a coach, not one with a winning pedigree, but someone familiar, with whom he had a personal relationship.
The Mavs are Cuban's toy, his plaything, something he intends to pass on to his kids for them to play with.
Yes, there was 2011, but Mark CHOSE to move on from that group.
I don't feel sorry for Luka.  He's jumpstarted his career like no other before him.  In a couple years he will have to decide how important winning a championship is to him and if he needs to leave Dallas to achieve it.
Hopefully, he'll end up with a GM like Pat Riley who demands he take care of his god-given vessel with proper nutrition and habits.
Mark has simply not set the tone for a winning culture.  

Yep!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questioning My Emotional Involvement in the Mavs - by KillerLeft - 12-11-2022, 09:54 AM