Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questioning My Emotional Involvement in the Mavs
Happy 75th!

The championship was the best/worst thing to happen.  Of course everyone is happy for Dirk who is probably the nicest and most down-to-earth superstar in our lifetimes, but it also validated Mark who, to put it charitably, is a less than ideal owner.  Luka might drag the franchise to the top of the mountain again, but similar to Dirk, I don't think this franchise can maximize his potential.  More worrisome is that I don't think Mark has the stomach for the money being spent on NBA franchises these days.  Compounding that problem is there are far fewer teams that are run incompetently so you aren't going to be able to take advantage of that incompetence, rather the Mavs are the ones that more often that not are being taken advantage of.  All of the niceties and innovation that Mark brought when he first bought the team have seemingly been surpassed.  

As terrible as it is to say, Luka leaving might be the best thing that could happen to the team.  I don't think Mark would take many lessons should that apocalypse occur but rather he might get bored and sell the team.  Luka seems like he's got a tremendous amount of loyalty in him so I don't think we are close to that day yet but I don't expect anyone to have the patience of Dirk.

I've lived away from Dallas now more than I lived there, but I don't think you can lose the bound you have with a city and their sports teams.  God knows I've tried to walk away from the Cowboys, but Jerry be damned, here I am watching every Sunday/Monday to see what 11 does.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questioning My Emotional Involvement in the Mavs - by cow - 12-11-2022, 02:53 AM