Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: DAL (10-11) @ DET (6-18) | 125-131 OT loss
(12-02-2022, 01:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I made some tentative proposals in the last few days but it´s not exactly the most popular idea to turn bad contracts like THJs into even worse ones. It really depends on the compensation. What are teams willing to give up to get out of contracts in the THJ range. What is a fair compensation for an extra year of bad salary. Trades like...

THJ --> Duncan Robinson
SD --> Terry Rozier

Or one of the most interestings names that we never mention because we tend to focus on Collins. What about Deandre Hunter. He is going to make 20m in the future and it looks like the Hawks have two rookies that can easily replace his production.

Imho the whole idea of trading Collins is based around the pending $120M extension of Hunter. I also think people severely underestimate the level of player Collins is on both ends of the floor. Much better than Wood and it´s not even close imho.

The reason the Hawks have not traded him is that they want #1) draft asset compensation + #2) a replacement player at a cost-effective long-term contract.

And that is simply not something they will get, therefore this drags on forever. I´m sure if we approached them, they´d ask for a future 1st and DFS. That is the return they have in mind.

Just pointed out a way to get a Isaac/Bamba without giving up future assets, but that requires to give up your 2nd/3rd/4th best offensive players in the process. That´s what a tank is, but do you honestly believe Cuban wants to give up THJ/Dinwiddie/THJ for Isaac/Graham. The funniest part is that it never ever occurs to Cuban that the players returning could actually make the team better like a Utah right now or the Pacers with Sabonis/Oladipo.

That is the essence of GMing. You need to see things that others don´t and by that I don´t mean some 37 year old defensive anchor Joel Shaqtin. Undecided
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 21: DAL (10-11) @ DET (6-18) | 125-131 OT loss - by Mavs2021 - 12-02-2022, 02:14 PM